For two days I headed to HK Velodrome for track cycling matches of the National Games.
Some matches in the city, just like concert tickets, are only for sale online (I meant HKRT games at least). Luckily for people like me who would want to minimize any apps installation/online footprint, some tickets were available to purchase here on site, just you need to show HKID/Passport details to seller and part of it would be printed into your ticket.
Does this make the seating clearer? I know.
Another drawback is you can't choose your seat, just area, but there isn't a seating plan at the box office or online for you to view [not counting the info behind online registration wall], you must ask the staff for it, and he'd move his laptop towards the counter glass and you have to see whatever available on that laptop screen. Here's an actual ticket, front and back:
But for a first-timer in HKV/track cycling game, that's too much information and also lack of essential information that I had no idea what to get. Some said the 'home' player's starting point is the most expensive (seats on the middle right hand side), but I don't know. But the seat I had deserved its 'C' category - the lowest out of the three ($88 C, $110 B, $200 A). Maybe handling charge was included but I forgot. Some lucky Cat 3 viewers were in better seats and can see the tracks more openly.
Home game does help with the morale, when there's Hong Kong team member on the track, the cheer was audible, especially the schoolkids, cheering and waving the complimentary towel with "Hong Kong".



Keirin matches (100 rounds with 20 players together here) is fun to watch too. It won't get boring if you have a target of support. Very demanding for the racers for sure.




>>>>LINK TO THE ALBUM<<<<




0 comments