It's been a decade since I last went to a carnival/theme park. It was Udderbelly Festival (inside the AIA Carnival area) and I still remembered the upside down purple cow and some confusing penguins. This time I got the first day entry on 22 Dec 2025.
>>>>LINK TO THE ALBUM<<<<
The view of the box office and entrance, from the exit.

For the open day concert, besides FAMA the local hip hop duo, there was also The Flame, a local band who gained more attention in recent years. This is a look of the stage area, like a mini Glastonbury.
This is a band that has been around for 10 years doing weddings and buskings, the experience showed in her crowd work. Their fans are quite devoted, and came prepared.




One suggestion to the organiser: the musical instruments next to the stage should be made unavailable to play when there is an actual performance.
I was looking forward to see the DJ set of Cantomania, but turned out they performed elsewhere, I discovered them quite late until I was about to bounce. Just a glimpse inside the bar area, it was another world.

It's a choice of game booths and larger rides. If you get tickets online, show the entry QR code in one of the token booths inside and you'll get a QR code card as the 'wallet' of the night.


Besides game, the visual elements are rather important in this IG-able generation.


Their costumes and make up are meticulously pleasant. Some are here for photos, and some carry quests and little gift if you have the correct answer. (As an adult I don't dare approaching them just for that :))

Hello penguins-in-confusing-posture my old friend, I've come to photo you again.
For more and larger photos of the carnival, head to my Flickr album (link above) for them in 1440p.
Should you need some general shots for editorial use, I've made 2 available on Shutterstock:(Alamy later)





0 comments