I dedicate this entry to record my 2025, a year I worked so much, achieved so little.
Best shot taken
I'd give it a 7 out of 10 because I failed most of my shots in the first time. Maybe the joy is I get to see the dragon so close and be able to capture it. So far I don't have a shot that I'd consider awesome, I'm not there yet.
The very shot I feel sorry I have taken
(Do you have time to review my 500+ shortlisted entries?)
Biggest discovery
Lens/camera protective stickers. They protect not only the resale value, but also my peace of mind.
Most used lens
Laowa AF 10mm f2.8
((Can Capture One include more lens correction profiles, including this one?))
Best lens
FE 50-150mm F2 GM | SEL50150GM (I wish I have this one, NOW)
Most memorable event attended
HKG vs SIN at Kai Tak Stadium (2025.11.18)
The first 45 minutes was an ecstasy, a half-time performance that I longed for months in front of my own eyes, and then followed by two anti-climax goals and ended in 'Westwood Out'. People around were devastated, teary, silent, absorbing what had happened during the last 2 hours; then the capo stood up delivered a speech to the fanzone... Memorable in good and bad way. Just hope this is not a fatal blow to the recovering local football scene.
Most played song released in 2025
"I'm on the edge of freedom / I'm on the edge of my seat / I'm on the edge of the world falling at your feet" I claim the 260 plays on Spotify.
Most played album released in 2025
I blasted this album from Sep to early November, then no more.
Biggest regret
Not buying those enterprise-level 3.5" SATA before AI f**ks with the price. 😭
Worst decision
Choosing North Point Promenade for recording the low-flying CX8100. Totally wrong.
Biggest shock
Affinity goes free, although I'm still using V2 (occasionally).
Best restaurant visit
Queen's Cafe at Southside, Wong Chuk Hang. My options are quite limited.
Most consumed tea/coffee
Hidden Pu-erh by TWG. I never expected a fancy pu erh tea but this blend is so nice. I can only see pu erh, small caramel bits (non existent in the tea), and some blue, yellow flowers. The addition is a nice touch to this already rich pu-erh.
Also a shout out to Brook's Ceylon tea (a Japanese company). This is a rich ceylon teabag for making lemon tea, or just drink on its own.
The first-timers
Places: Sunbeam Theatre (North Point), Kai Tak Stadium, Victoria Park Tennis Court, HK Velodrome, Tai Hang for Fire Dragon, Kam Tin Heung Jiao Festival.

0 comments